星期一, 3月 02, 2009

Dubliner except joyce.. Irish Wave III


 



 




As I was a goin' over the far famed Kerry mountains I met with captain Farrell and his money he was counting I first produced my pistol and I then produced my rapier Saying "Stand and deliver" for he were a bold deceiver


Mush-a ring dum-a do dum-a da Wack fall the daddy-o, wack fall the daddy-o There's whiskey in the jar


I counted out his money and it made a pretty penny I put it in me pocket and I took it home to Jenny She sighed and she swore that she never would deceive me But the devil take the women for they never can be easy


I went up to my chamber, all for to take a slumber I dreamt of gold and jewels and for sure 't was no wonder But Jenny blew me charges and she filled them up with water Then sent for captain Farrell to be ready for the slaughter


't was early in the morning, just before I rose to travel Up comes a band of footmen and likewise captain Farrell I first produced me pistol for she stole away me rapier I couldn't shoot the water, so a prisoner I was taken


Now there's some take delight in the carriages a rolling and others take delight in the hurling and the bowling but I take delight in the juice of the barley and courting pretty fair maids in the morning bright and early


If anyone can aid me 't is my brother in the army If I can find his station in Cork or in Killarney And if he'll go with me, we'll go rovin' through Killkenny And I'm sure he'll treat me better than my own a-sporting Jenny


 



Tonight theres gonna be a jailbreak Somewhere in this town See me and the boys we dont like it So were getting up and going down Hiding low looking right to left If you see us coming I think its best To move away do you hear what I say From under my breath Tonight theres gonna be a jailbreak Somewhere in the town Tonight theres gonna be a jailbreak So dont you be around Dont you be around Tonight theres gonna be trouble Some of us wont survive See the boys and me mean business Bustin out dead or alive I can hear the hound dogs on my trail All hell breaks loose, alarm and sirens wail Like the game if you lose Go to jail Tonight theres gonna be a jailbreak Somewhere in the town Tonight theres gonna be a jailbreak So dont you be around Tonight theres gonna trouble Im gonna find myself in Tonight theres gonna be a jailbreak So woman stay with a friend You know its safer Breakout! Tonight theres gonna be a breakout Into the city zones Dont you dare to try and stop us No one could for long Searchlight on my trail Tonights the night all systems fail Hey you good lookin female Come here! Tonight theres gonna be a jailbreak Somewhere in the town Tonight theres gonna be a jailbreak So dont you be around Tonight theres gonna be trouble Im gonna find myself in Tonight theres gonna be trouble So woman stay with a friend








There was a friend of mine on murder And the judges gavel fell Jury found him guilty Gave him sixteen years in hell He said I aint spending my life here I aint living alone Aint breaking no rocks on the chain gang Im breakin out and headin home Gonna make a jailbreak And Im lookin towards the sky Im gonna make a jailbreak Oh, how I wish that I could fly All in the name of liberty All in the name of liberty Got to be free Jailbreak, let me out of here Jailbreak, sixteen years Jailbreak, had more than I can take Jailbreak, yeah He said hed seen his lady being fooled with By another man She was down and he was up He had a gun in his hand Bullets started flying everywhere And people started to scream Big man lying on the ground With a hole in his body Where his life had been But it was - All in the name of liberty All in the name of liberty I got to be free Jailbreak, jailbreak I got to break out Out of here Heartbeats they were racin Freedom he was chasin Spotlights, sirens, rifles firing But he made it out With a bullet in his back









I am just a cowboy lonesome on the trail A starry night, a campfire light The coyote call, the howling winds wail So I ride out to the old sundown I am just a cowboy lonesome on the trail Lord, Im just thinking about a certain female The nights we spent together riding on the range Looking back it seems so strange Roll me over and turn me around Let me keep spinning till I hit the ground Roll me over and let me go Running free with the buffalo I was took in texas I did not know her name Lord, all these southern girls seem the same Down below the border in a town in mexico I got my job busting broncs for the rodeo Roll me over and turn me around Let me keep spinning till I hit the ground Roll me over and let me go Riding in the rodeo Roll me over and set me free The cowboys life is the life for me


 



Guess who just got back today? Them wild-eyed boys that had been away Haven't changed, haven't much to say But man, I still think them cats are crazy They were asking if you were around How you was, where you could be found Told them you were living downtown Driving all the old men crazy The boys are back in town The boys are back in town I said The boys are back in town The boys are back in town The boys are back in town The boys are back in town The boys are back in town The boys are back in town You know that chick that used to dance a lot Every night she'd be on the floor shaking what she'd got Man when I tell you she was cool, she was red hot I mean she was steaming And that time over at Johnny's place Well this chick got up and she slapped Johnny's face Man we just fell about the place If that chick don't want to know, forget her The boys are back in town The boys are back in town I said The boys are back in town The boys are back in town The boys are back in town The boys are back in town The boys are back in town The boys are back in town Spread the word around Guess who's back in town You spread the word around Friday night they'll be dressed to kill Down at Dino's bar and grill The drink will flow and blood will spill And if the boys want to fight, you'd better let them That jukebox in the corner blasting out my favorite song The nights are getting warmer, it won't be long Won't be long till summer comes Now that the boys are here again The boys are back in town The boys are back in town The boys are back in town The boys are back in town The boys are back in town The boys are back in town Spread the word around The boys are back in town The boys are back in town The boy's are back, the boys are back The boy's are back in town again Been hangin' down at Dino's The boy's are back in town again

沒有留言: